TikTok, which has been around since 2016 and is now accessible in over 150 countries, became the most downloaded app of 2018 thanks to its immense popularity among young people.
By 2020, TikTok has become one of the most widely used social media platforms, thanks to its users’ ability to easily create and share short videos (up to 60 seconds in length).
Planning a TikTok marketing strategy for your brand is essential if you want to attract the attention of Generation Z.
1.Figure out what you want to achieve.
Defining your brand’s objectives is the first and, in my opinion, most crucial step. You, as the brand’s social media manager, need to consider the following.
- Why should I promote my company on TikTok?
- How can I use TikTok to spread my company’s message?
Since TikTok caters to the millennial and Gen Z demographic, this is a worthwhile objective, for example.
When you join any social media platform, you have the option of setting goals that will guide your activity on that site.
Content with a strong call to action (CTA) will ultimately encourage readers to visit your website and take the desired action, be it making a purchase or trying out a service.
TikTok brand objectives should align with the company’s digital marketing strategies.
2.Log in or register an account.
Perfecting your TikTok profile is a must.
I don’t understand how you can do this.
Choosing an appropriate profile picture and writing an engaging bio are good places to start. Your profile picture and bio are the first things people see when visiting your profile, just as they are on any other platform.
Use the same profile picture and description as you do on your other brand social media accounts to ensure that your profile is representative of your brand.
The “Sephora” cosmetics company is a good case in point; on all of their social media accounts (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter), they all use the same profile picture and description.
If you’re unfamiliar with TikTok but would like to create an account, here are the steps:
- When you click the profile picture, a registration screen will open.
- Choose your preferred method of registration, whether it be through your existing social media profile (Facebook, Instagram, Google, or Twitter), your email address, or your phone number.
Warning: TikTok will use your real name and profile picture if you sign up with a social media account (you can change it later)
- Put in your date of birth. The age limit to use TikTok is 13 years old.
- Please focus on providing your telephone number or email address.
- If you don’t like the username TikTok (automatically) generates for you, you can swap it out once every 30 days.
3.Issue a hashtag challenge.
Hashtags are crucial to social media, as any user will attest. Rapidly expanding your brand’s reach is possible with their help.
As branded hashtags have become popular on Instagram, so too have hashtag challenges become an integral part of the TikTok experience.
Many people who use social media frequently use hashtags to look for specific content, such as a video or product, or to discover emerging trends.
By using hashtag challenges, well-known brands can reach a massive audience and motivate millions of people to take part in a campaign.
We can see this in the following instances:
- BMW – To promote the release of the BMW 1 Series, the company enlisted the help of a number of social media influencers by commissioning them to make entertaining videos in which they danced in or around the new vehicles and posted them online with the hashtag #THE1Challenge.
- Chipotle – All you needed for this challenge was a Chipotle burrito bowl and your phone, along with the hashtag #ChipotleLidFlip. More than 110K Challenge videos were recorded, making the campaign a huge success.
4.Give your readers what they want.
Make your brand famous for a minute and a half with TikTok.
If your brand’s social media presence doesn’t match the reality, you’ll lose trustworthiness, so it’s important to develop strategies that will satisfy your customers’ needs.
The San Diego Zoo is a great illustration of this trend; on a near-daily basis, they upload videos showing animals eating and playing.
Users’ needs must be taken into account when developing content, and the viewers of these San Diego Zoo videos can rest assured that they will be pleased.
5.Make use of external channels to advertise your videos.
Before publishing a video to TikTok, you have the option of sharing it on Instagram (or Instagram Stories), Facebook, or Twitter, which is a great way to let your followers know they can find you anywhere.
When you hit “Publish,” the video will be downloaded to your phone immediately, ready to be used in future email campaigns or wherever else you see fit. Make sure to include a strong call to action asking your viewers to also follow you on TikTok.